18 March 2007

Malta January 30-February 4

Malta was stressful. I went with Lauren and Caleb at the end of my big trip, and our logic for going was basically just to pick a random place that no one we knew had ever been to. It was warmish, but that's pretty much all Malta had to recommend itself. There wasn't all that much to do there, and I was dead tired. The worst thing about it was that our plane flight back to the UK didn't take off until midnight, which meant that it landed at 2am. We had to sleep in Gatwick Airport until 8am, when we could finally begin our return to Scotland. Except, see, we didn't sleep. Instead we just hallucinated in the McDonald's at 4am. Have you ever been in McDonald's when they switch the menu over to breakfast? I have. It's not good. I put my pictures on Facebook (which is like MySpace, but way better) and I really can't be bothered to put them up here, so I'm going to give you a link instead so you can look at them. Don't worry, you don't need to have an account or anything. I made two albums, and here they are: Where does everyone winter, dahling? Everyone winters in Malta, dahling. (Those titles are from something Lauren and Caleb started saying while they were in Finland, right before they came to Malta. They would say 'Where does everyone summah?' in this really fakey New England upper class accent and then we changed it to where does everyone winter because we were wintering in Malta at the moment.) I also took a video of one of the bus rides we took. The bus was so incredibly bumpy; it looks like we're speeding along, but we were only going like 20-30 miles an hour. You can hear me and Lauren laughing and Caleb says something, but mainly the sound is pretty bad since the bus was so loud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pictures are real cool, but the bus ride video seriously made me nausious. heads spinning, lol.

<3
Ardem