I've been applying for so many jobs recently, and everything is online these days. Most of the time, I don't even get a 'No Thanks' letter back, and I was starting to feel very discouraged. However, I finally got an interview for a job last week, and at the British Library in London no less! It turns out that two of my friends from the course also got interviews for the same job, so we decided to meet up and all have dinner with our two friends who already live in London. We had a really lovely time!
We poked around the British Library a bit before our interviews, which none of us had ever been to before, and afterwards went for lunch in Chinatown, off of Leicester Square. While Kim had her interview, Graham and I went to the British Museum and saw the Rosetta Stone, amongst other wonders. Then, it was time to meet Becky and Rashid for dinner at a pub in Soho. We stayed until closing, it was so much fun to see everyone again!
The next day Graham went home early, while Kim and I went on a tour of Westminster Palace, where the Houses of Parliament are, and then walked all along the South Bank of the Thames from Westminster Bridge to Tower Bridge. We'd tried to convince Joanna to come down with us, but even though she couldn't make it she made up a lovely tour for us through her favorite parts of London. We stopped in at the Tate Modern and the Borough Market, where we bought some delicious fudge. Once we'd finished our south bank stroll, Kim and I had tea just off of Carnaby Street and then shopped a bit. Muji is my new heaven, you can find me there every Sunday morning from now on! Kim left to catch her train, and then I wandered around the GIGANTIC TopShop on Oxford Street before meeting Becky at a pub near Carnaby Street for a few drinks.
All in all, a great little trip to London! I really enjoyed taking the train down too, especially the part between Edinburgh and Newcastle, where you can see the sea. Here are the pictures from the trip: London Funsies!
No comments:
Post a Comment