07 November 2008

Fundee!

Hurray, I finished my essay (now I have to get started on the next one, some malarky about 'What is Text?'). In the meantime, I am doing a mini-internship in Dundee, at the Dundee University Archives, for my course. It's been really interesting so far, a church in Brechin, Angus has donated a bunch of papers to the archive and I'm looking through them and organising them into series. Then next week, I will start cataloguing the papers and removing staples, paper clips and rubber bands. Which reminds me, DO NOT ever staple, paper clip or rubber band anything you want to keep for posterity. That stuff rusts and eats right through the paper! I don't know how you are supposed to keep your papers together without them though. It's been really interesting to see how the things we've been discussing in lectures play out in a real working archive. I'm very pleased that they set up these placements for us!

Anyway, it's coming up on winter here, the sun goes down about 5pm now. Here is a picture of what the botanic garden looks like now:

No comments: