24 February 2009

A Bear of Very Little Brain

Okay, all. Time for some good news and some bad news.

First, the good news: a few of us future-archivists have discovered that there is a movie-themed pub quiz every Thursday night at a pub near the university. The prize is the entire cocktail list, 26 delicious cocktails! We have been playing every week for about 4 weeks now and, amazingly, last thursday we won! Hurray! So we are looking forward to returning to The Lane on thursday for our victoriously delicious cocktails (and to possibly win the quiz again)!

Now, on to the bad news. I was intending to put up some pictures of us sipping our brightly colored victory drinky-poos, but I completely mangled my laptop last night. I spilled tea with honey in it all over my laptop. It squeaked and died. I cried. That means no pictures for a while until I figure out how to get it fixed. And of course this is all terrible timing because I have an essay due on Friday, which is also the day that I am heading to Madrid. So, no pictures of Spain either. Did I mention that I am supposed to be starting my dissertation now-ish? Anyhow, I thought you should know that this blog might become either extremely text-heavy or may cease to exist at all until I get my computer back. I'm going to go cry into some vodka now.

1 comment:

Emily Wentz said...

If all you did was cry, you handled it very well. I would have cried, thrown things, called everyone I know, and chucked the computer out the window. Or maybe myself.
Don't worry, I will take plenty of Madrid photos for us!
Hang in there, champ <3