10 June 2009

Is it June already?! Oh. Crap.

Yes, apparently it IS June already. Quite a ways into June, unfortunately!

At least the weather has been pretty great here (including 6 consecutive days of unbroken sunshine and 70+ degree heat!). You Californians would probably have your winter gear on as the temperature has only been in the high 50s this week! This being Scotland, we all made the most of the good weather while it lasted and had a BBQ on the last weekend of May! Joanna was kind enough to host it in the garden of her house in the East End of Glasgow.

The sun doesn't set these days until almost 11pm, which is how long we stayed at Joanna's before we actually had to put sweaters on!

Lots of fun and good times!

Classes have been done for over two months but I still don't have my grades from last semester. I have, however, been taking an extra class on Paleography (the study of old handwriting), which I am really enjoying. Handwriting has changed drastically since we began to write and learning how to read old documents can be very challenging, but sometimes Archivists must do it in order to learn more about the documents in their collection. The class is very interesting, though we are having an exam tomorrow!

And, best of all, Paul and I are coming to California in one week! We've made a list of what we want to do (well, he's made a list of tourist destinations and I've made a list of restaurants!) and we're both very much looking forward to it!!!

Before you ask, No, I haven't been working on my dissertation. But neither has anyone else! I figure I'll start to feel the squeeze in July and bust my ass till August 31st. Either way, IT WILL GET DONE SOMEHOW. It better anyway.

June is such a busy month because I am moving to different dorm on Friday! I've packed two bags and one box so far and aside from the fact that they are sitting in the middle of the floor in my tiny room, it doesn't look like I've packed anything at all. Boo! Oh well, my new room will be en suite, so much closer to the city center and it has 3 wardrobes!!! YES! Hopefully it will also be quiet and my flatmates will be pretty clean. Very much looking forward to it.

No comments: