Beginning with my senior undergrad year in St Andrews and my travels from there, now continuing in Glasgow with postgraduate school and hopefully even more wonderful travels!
21 September 2006
i really did go to a debate club meeting
Last night, I went with Erica (she's from New Mexico) and her friend Laurie to the debate club's opening debate entitled This House Believes a Woman's Place is in the Home. A come-on to get attention, but very passionately argued nonetheless. It was very fun, of course, the best part was afterward when we went out to the pub with the debate team. Erica taught me the difference between dark and light rum, but I'll be damned if I can remember it though because I had so much of the stuff. See, after we had a few drinks at the pub, we went to Laurie's and had more rum and cokes there (with lime-flavored Diet Coke, unfortunately. Blecch!). So much fun!! It was one of those great, hilarious conversations that you can't recall the specifics of the next day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Drinking? Bad kid.
Hey there Gwen... I must confess. I was so close to going to Scotland last week it's not even funny. Maybe I'll go in a month or two. I'm starting to take advantage of my flight bennies. Went to DC this weekend. Thinking about spain in a few weeks. Not sure. It depends on flights. My friend and I don't fly coach. So where ever we can get a first class seat is where we go. Anyways, glad to see your having a great time.
Post a Comment