
This is a hilariously named shop that Lauren pointed out to me.

Oh, if only Fresher's Flu lived up to its misnomer. Maybe then I wouldn't have this horrible cold. Dripping noses, incessant coughing, and generally feeling crappy are the order of the day for pretty much everyone in the hall. Hurray! The weather has been quite good though, only raining a few times. Last Sunday, it poured buckets and was generally an awful day. I had bought a new coat last weekend and after the merest droplet of water splashed onto it, I smelled like a wet dog for the rest of the day. Thanks, Wool. That's spectacular.
On a brighter note, I saw "The Queen" at the movie theater [no, Mom, not the real one :) ]. It was a really good movie, and I was very glad to see it with a British audience. There were a few jokes at the beginning that I can't imagine an American audience would have fully appreciated.
Tomorrow, I am going on a day trip to the Highlands organized by a company called Haggis Tours. Oh that reminds me, they (the dining hall) serve us haggis at breakfast time. I mistakenly bit into it one day. It doesn't look at all like what it is, I had thought it was oatmeal and since I was so completely surprised by the meaty taste I couldn't eat the rest of it. Only a couple days later did I figure out what it actually was. That is my brush with haggis, but I am afraid that I may have to eat more of it before I leave. It wasn't really bad, but it just surprised the hell out of me!
Last weekend, I went to a house party at someone's house and I was drinking with Erica and Laurie when all of a sudden they started talking physics at me. What is it with physicists? Why do they like to talk about thermonuclear-this-or-that when I am drunk? For that matter, why must they talk about it when I am sober? I tend to go into a trance occasionally popping up to see if they are done yet. Oh well, nerds will be nerds.
Hopefully I will post pictures of my Highland adventure either tomorrow or Sunday! (I think I'm only going to update this blog about once a week. Life is not exciting enough for anything more than that!)
No comments:
Post a Comment