08 May 2008

A long time ago, on an island far far away ...

Wow, so what the heck happened here? As you may or may not know I did spend the summer in Scotland, finally returning home on September 30th 2007. And while I had tons of fun, the weather turned out absolutely terrible! It was cold and overcast all summer, in fact it rained every single day during the month of June. I guess you can't have everything.

The longest day of the year was a bit of a bust, seeing as it was raining and I had to get up early and work like a busy little bee. I really loved my job as a waitress though, my boss Vicky was super cool and the tips were amazing ($10 - $20 a day!). I did get to go to Berlin with Paul in September, which was fun (and actually warm!). And as it happened, my friend Lauren got an internship at a very fancy auction house in Edinburgh over the summer, so we did get to spend some time hanging out in Cupar and Dundee. Unfortunately, time does move on quite swiftly and eventually it was time to come home.

After I came home, I visited Irvine in October to catch up with Felisa, Lorissa and Bryan & Heidi. Then I tried to get a job doing something film-y, but that didn't work out, especially because of the Writer's Guild Strike. Not only was no one being hired, but many people who were much more qualified were being fired. Not getting a job in LA turned out to be a good thing though because now I've decided to get a Masters degree in Library Science (which I am much better suited to). Which finally brings me around to why I've posted on the blog for the first time in nearly 50 weeks. I'm going to be getting my masters from University of Glasgow!! Hurray for going back to Scotland!

I've decided to resucitate the blog in anticipation of awesome-ness later this year. In the meantime, I will post some pictures that should have gone up last year.

Paul and I arriving to the Graduation Ball in June

Paul's flatmate Bex (Rebecca) and I mischievously discussing the boys and their kilts at the Grad Ball

Me, Emma and Alistair (the other major player on our quiz team, which we faithfully attended all summer long)

My favorite picture from the Grad Ball

The whole gang before we headed off to the ball (Tall Rob, Graeme, Varan, Laurie, Amanda, Greg, Bex & I). At this point, I still didn't have a ticket for the ball, but I did manage to get in for free about half an hour later!

Taking the train from Cupar to Dundee to go shopping with Lauren. This was the day we loaded up on goodies from TK Maxx. Yes, you read that correctly.

On the train, still going to Dundee. Crossing the Tay bridge.

This is the shop that I worked in all summer.

In the front of the shop Salv (Salvatore), who owned the place with his wife Vicky, sold collectible tea pots and specialty coffees and teas from around the world.

We had tables in the back, and a kitchen in the middle.

Here we all are: John the dishwasher, me, Vicky the chef, Ashley the other waitress, Charlotte who replaced me as full time, and Salv.


Good times!

No comments: