16 January 2009

Back in Glasgow for "Spring" semester

After three warm and wonderful weeks at home in California, I have grudgingly returned to raining, freezing, windy Glasgow for the alleged 'spring' semester. It's not all bad though, I've started my classes and everything looks really exciting and interesting so far. However, I am MAJORLY jetlagged. Like, can't keep my eyes open after 5pm/waking up at 4am jetlagged. SO LAME. (That's why I'm up, before dawn, writing on my blog. Of course, by before dawn I mean it's already 8am.)

The one bright spot, quite literally, is the massive rainbow I saw on Tuesday! You'd think I'd get to see rainbows all the time, since it's always raining here but that is exactly the problem: it's always raining. You only get to see a rainbow if the sun comes out afterwards!

Here is the Best. Rainbow. Ever.


Close up (digital zoom, hell yeah!)


I seriously screamed "Wow!" when I saw it in the kitchen! So cool.

I captured another quite unusual sight, blue sky over Winton Drive.


Hopefully there will be some sort of spring happening at some point. At the minute though, in spite of what these pictures say, it's been mostly cold and dreary.

I'm off to St Andrews for the weekend, yet again, and hopefully there will be lots of fun there and it won't be completely iced over like it was last time I was there. Have you gotten that I hate winter??

No comments: