It's SNOWING. I mean, RIGHT NOW it is snowing. Outside my window. Without my permission.
See, I woke up this morning (early, still jetlagged) and it appeared to be pouring rain so I put on my rain gear, but then when I got outside it had stopped raining. In fact, it didn't rain all day and when I walked home at ten after 3 this afternoon, the sky was fairly blue and the sun was out. About 20 minutes after I got home though, it started raining and then hailing. That was bad enough, when to my absolute horror, IT STARTED SNOWING. Hard. And continued to do so for at least an hour. I think it's mostly done now, but I did manage to get it in action:
Here is some video I shot of this frightening occurence
(Yes, I shot that through the window and you can see my computer screen. Sorry!)
I know that some people love snow (crazy people!) but as a native SF Bay Arean, I have an inherent fear of anything beside smallish drops of water falling from the sky. I am just thankful that none of this 'weather' malarky happened till after I got home from class!
On a very bright sidenote, now that the clouds have slightly parted, I can see that it isn't completely dark yet and it's nearly 5pm. I wish you could only know what a victory this is! Summer is COMING!
No comments:
Post a Comment