ANYWAY, one of my coursemates, the lovely Joanna, held a Burns Night Supper for us at her house in Glasgow's East End this past Saturday night. I dragged Paul out there and as it turned out nearly the whole class was there! It was much fun and I really did eat haggis. Now, if you don't know what haggis is, I'd highly recommend that you not find out. Unless of course you never plan on eating it. The Burns Supper is all about tradition, Rabbie Burns poetry and haggises. Joanna read out the Selkirk Grace, Alex put on his best Ayrshire accent and read out the Address to a Haggis (the "great chieftain o' the puddin' race"). Then we did eat and, of course, drink a lot of whisky. Here are some photos (stolen from Alex, I hope he doesn't mind!)








And here's me and Paul, he looks great but my hair is CRAZY - why did no one tell me??

The best part of the night, for me personally, was when Joanna brought out a Birthday Cake for me and everyone sang!! So sweet!! And the cake was delicious, it had cream and jam in the middle, so good!



As if that weren't awesome enough, Paul gave me my birthday present ... a stuffed pug! I love it! I named him Ringo (because I decided that it was a hilarious name for a funny-looking dog) and he has a bendable tail so I can make him a Winnie-Pug or a Buddy-Pug!
And here he is with his new BFF, Huggles.
All in all, best Birthday Weekend Extravaganza ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment