15 March 2009

Spring in Glasgow

I know I shouldn't tell you this, because I'm probably jinxing it for the rest of the year, but ... the weather has actually been pretty nice recently.

It hasn't been so very cold recently, today it even warmed up to 52 degrees Fahrenheit! Of course, it was pretty cloudy. And then, on Tuesday, it was very lovely and sunny. My friend Helen told me that she heard on the news that Glasgow had ten full hours of sunshine! That's got to be some sort of record. Of course, it wasn't actually warm, it was just sunny. You see, that's the thing about Scotland. You can only have one bit of nice weather at a time. It's never sunny and warm; it can only be sunny and windy or sunny and cold or warm and raining.

However, it is beginning to seem as though spring has sprung. By 'spring,' I mean that now the sun is shining when it rains!

Since I've said it out loud, it'll probably snow again (like it did week before last!). But the daffodils are determined and hopefully the weather will continue to improve!



No comments: